JCI 131 - Adverse Conditions Fieldmeter
Including the JCI 131F fast response version
- Enables long term external measurement of electrostatic fields
- Durable stainless steel or brass case
- High accuracy and designed to withstand direct precipitation
- Can be used to determine ambient electric field
- Can be used as a local potential probe
- Fast response version can be used for field measurements near power lines.
The JCI 131 Electrostatic Fieldmeter is a compact and robust instrument for the precise measurement of electric fields in adverse environmental conditions. It is particularly suitable for long term continuous monitoring of atmospheric electric fields - such as those associated with thunderstorms, volcanic activity or power-lines.
Electric field measurement sensitivities of 2, 20, 200 and 2000 kV/m are provided with high precision (<1.5%), low noise and a stable zero. When used as a potential probe, well away from nearby structures, the sensitivity is about 10 kV/m for 1kV of local space potential, although critical applications should be underwritten by in-situ calibration.
The JCI 131 and JCI 131F (fast response version) of electrostatic fieldmeter may be used in conjunction with a JCI 234 Base Station which digitally displays the magnitude of the DC electric field at the sensing aperture and also displays the AC field component in the range 50-60Hz separately from the DC field component when used with the “F“ version for accurate measurement of electric fields near power lines.
- Sensitivity ranges: 2, 20, 200 and 2,000kV/m full scale
- Sensitivity selected automatically or by external control signals.
- Accuracy & Linearity: Within ±1.5%FSD of each operating range
- Response: -3dB at about 3Hz for JCI 131, Response flat to 70Hz for JCI 131F
- Environments: 0-40°C, 0-100%RH including direct precipitation.
Accessories & Services
- 100m Cable
- JCI 137 Support Pole Assembly
- JCI 152 Zero Check Chamber
- Calibration in general accordance with BS7506: Part 2:1996
- Operational Health monitoring options also available depending on requirements